|South Africa : General Information : Packing list
South Africa can be warm to hot during the months of April, May, September and October (65f - 85f). The months of June, July and August are winter and can start with night temp's dropping to below zero, warming up to around the mid 60's or 70's by midday.
- 2 Pairs good walking boots or running shoes (run in)
- 4 Pairs good socks
- 3 Pairs long hunting pants (Dark Kakhi or Olive Green)
- 3 Pairs short hunting pants (Early hunts - April, May in SA)
- 3 Pairs hunting shirts (Dark Kakhi or Olive Green)
- 1 Realtree coverall with zip
- 1 Hunting Jacket - Realtree type cammo (Dark Kakhi or Olive Green)
- 1 Warm sweater or jumper
- Sun Screen/Cap or Hat/Casual wear for evenings
- Personal Camera Equipment/Binoculars/Insect repellent
Military type cammo is not permitted in most African countries, but Realtree types are normally accepted. Laundry is done each day except for the days when you change camp and the day of departure.